1. General ConditionsOur Services enable students/ learners (known as "Students") to connect with independent contractor instructors/ teachers (known as "Instructors", collectively with Students, the "Users" or “You”) who provide live and recorded instruction, tutoring, and learning services (the "Courses") via Our Services. The Services include, without limitation, facilitating and hosting Courses and supporting materials, and taking feedback from Users.
From time to time, Hoczita may update these Terms to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different practices, such as when Hoczita add new features, and Hoczita reserves the right in its sole discretion to modify and/or make changes to these Terms at any time. If Hoczita make any material change to these Terms, Hoczita will notify You using prominent means such as by email notice sent to the email address specified in Your Account or by posting a notice through Our Services. Modifications will become effective on the day they are posted unless stated otherwise.
Your continued use of Our Services after changes become effective shall mean that You accept those changes. You should visit the Services regularly to ensure You are aware of the latest version of the Terms, as any revised Terms shall supersede all previous Terms.
You are solely responsible for all internet services, telephony, data charges and/or other fees and costs associated with Your access to and use of the Services, as well as for obtaining and maintaining all computer hardware and mobile electronic devices required for such access and use.
If You elect to access or use Our Services that involve payment of a fee, then You agree to pay, and will be responsible for payment of, that fee and all taxes associated with such access or use. If You provide bank/ e-wallet/ credit card information to pay for such fees then You hereby represent and warrant that You are authorized to supply such information and hereby authorize Hoczita to charge Your selected mode of payment on a one-time or regular basis to pay the fees as they are due.
All of Your use, access and other activities relating to the Services must be in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including, without limitations, laws relating to copyright and other intellectual property use, and to privacy and personal identity. Further, access to Our Services from territories where their contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access or use the Services from locations outside of Vietnam do so at their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with all local rules including, without limitation, rules about the internet, data, e-mail, or privacy. You must agree to abide by all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
2. General DisclaimerThe Services are only a marketplace for Instructors and Students. Hoczita do not hire or employ Instructors nor is Hoczita responsible or liable for any interactions involved between the Instructors and the Students who purchase an Instructor's Course via the Services. Hoczita is not responsible for disputes, claims, losses, injuries, or damage of any kind that might arise out of or relate to conduct of Instructors or Students, including, but not limited to, any Student's reliance upon any information provided by an Instructor.
Hoczita do not control Submitted Content (as defined below) posted on the Services and, as such, do not guarantee in any manner the reliability, validity, accuracy or truthfulness of such Submitted Content. You also understand that by using the Services, Hoczita may expose You to Submitted Content that You consider offensive, indecent, or objectionable. Hoczita has no responsibility to keep such content from You and no liability for Your access or use of any Submitted Content, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
The Services may give You access to links to third party platforms ("Third Party Platforms"), either directly or through Courses or Instructors. Hoczita does not endorse any of these Third Party Platforms and does not control them in any manner. Accordingly, Hoczita does not assume any liability associated with Third Party Platforms. You need to take appropriate steps to determine whether accessing a Third Party Platform is appropriate, and to protect Your personal information and privacy on such Third Party Platform.
3. ConductYou may only access the Services for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to Your use of the Services. You agree not to use the Services or the Company Content (as defined below) to recruit, solicit, or contact in any form, Instructors or potential users for employment or contracting for a business not affiliated with Us without Our advance written permission, which may be withheld in Our sole discretion. You assume any and all risks from any meetings or contact between You and any Instructors or other Users of the Services.
4. Specific Obligations of InstructorsPlease see Instructor Terms.
5. Specific Obligations of StudentsAs a Student, You represent, warrant and covenant that:
1. You have read, understood, and agree to be bound by the pricing information (see the Pricing section below) before using the Services or registering for a Course.
2. You are over the age of 18, or, if not, You will only use the Services with the involvement, supervision, and approval of a parent or legal guardian. Children under the age of 13 may not register for an Account or register or purchase Courses.
3. You will not upload, post or otherwise transmit any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation (commercial or otherwise) through the Services.
4. You will not post or provide any inappropriate, offensive, racist, hateful, sexist, pornographic, false, misleading, incorrect, infringing, defamatory or libelous content or information.
5. Hoczita reserves the right, in our sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post, or remove any of your User Content or any material that you post or submit for posting, and to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to our Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
6. RegistrationTo use certain Services, You will need to register and obtain an account and password. When You register, the information You provide to Us during the registration process will help Us in offering content, customer service, network management and other services. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your account, UserName, and password (collectively, Your "Account") and for all activities associated with or occurring under Your Account. You represent and warrant that Your Account information will be accurate at all times. You must notify Us (a) immediately of any unauthorized use of Your Account and any other breach of security, and (b) ensure that You exit from Your Account at the end of each use of the Services. To the extent permissible under applicable law, Hoczita cannot and will not be responsible for any loss or damage arising from Your failure to comply with the foregoing requirements or as a result of use of Your Account, either with or without Your knowledge, prior to Your notifying Us of unauthorized access to Your Account.
You may not transfer Your Account to any other person and You may not use anyone else's Account at any time without the permission of the Account holder. In cases where You have authorized or registered another individual, including a minor, to use Your Account, You are fully responsible for (i) the online conduct of such Student; (ii) controlling that Student's access to and use of the Services; and (iii) the consequences of any misuse.
7. Pricing, Payment & Taxes1. Pricing.
Pricing of Hoczita Courses is determined in accordance with the terms set forth in Our Instructor Terms and Our Pricing and Promotions Policy. If You are a Student, You agree to pay the fees for Courses that You purchase, and hereby authorize Us to charge Your ATM/ e-wallet/ credit card for such fees.
Hoczita may at its own discretion increase the Sale Price where Hoczita is of the view that VAT may be due and Hoczita will have a liability to account for such. You will indemnify and hold Hoczita harmless against any and all claims by any tax authority for any underpayment of VAT, and any penalties and/or interest thereon.
3. Rounding Off.
Hoczita may, in its sole discretion, round up or round down the Sale Price to the nearest whole functional base unit in which the Sale Currency is denominated (e.g. to the nearest dollar, euro or other supported currency); for example, Hoczita will round up an amount of $101.50 to $102.00, and $101.49 to $101.00.
Some currencies are denominated in large numbers. In those cases, Hoczita may determine the functional base unit in which those currencies are denominated to be 10, 100 or 1,000 of the currency; the corresponding examples for such currencies would be for Hoczita to round up an amount of 1,045 up to 1,050 and 1,044 down to 1,040, or 35,450 up to 35,500 and 35,449 down to 35,400, or 837,500 up to 838,000 and 837,499 down to 837,000.
4. Foreign Currency.
Each foreign currency conversion is processed at a foreign currency conversion rate. This rate generally refers to the amount of one currency that must be paid to buy a certain amount of another currency at a given time. For example, if it costs 220 000 VND to buy 10 USD, the currency conversion rate of VND to USD would be 22 000. Currency conversion rates will vary from time to time.
If You, as a Student, are unhappy with such a Course after delivery and request a refund within three (3) days after the delivery of your Engage session, Hoczita will provide You with a full refund of the amount You paid. To request a refund, please contact Us via email@example.com. Please note that if Hoczita believe that You are abusing Our refund policy in Our sole discretion, Hoczita reserves the right to suspend or terminate Your Account and refuse or restrict any and all current or future use of the Services, without any liability to You.
If you are an Instructor, you acknowledge and agree that Students have the right to receive a refund as set forth in this section. See Instructor Terms for additional information on refunds.
If learner fails to attend the Engage class, it will be considered as a “no-show” and no refund for the learner will be given. If the teacher misses the Engage class, it will be considered as a “no-show” by the teacher and the learner will be refunded the full cost of the class.
The trademarks, service marks, and logos (the "Trademarks") used and displayed through Our Services or in any Company Content are Our registered or unregistered Trademarks or of Our suppliers or third parties and are protected pursuant to Vietnam and foreign trademark laws. All rights are reserved and You may not alter or obscure the Trademarks, or link to them without Our prior approval.
9. Warranty Disclaimer
THE SERVICES, COMPANY CONTENT, SUBMITTED CONTENT, COURSES, AND ANY OTHER MATERIALS MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, HOCZITA AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON- INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. HOCZITA AND ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS AND AGENTS DO NOT WARRANT THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR SECURE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVICES, THE SUBMISSIONS, THE SERVER(S) ON WHICH THE SERVICES ARE HOSTED, OR ANY SERVICES AVAILABLE ON ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. NO OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT OF HOCZITA OR ITS AFFILIATES, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, ADVERTISERS, SPONSORS, AGENTS, MEMBERS OR VISITORS, WHETHER MADE THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES, OR ON THIRD PARTY PLATFORMS OR OTHERWISE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON ANY THIRD PARTY PLATFORM, ARE ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
10. Limitation of Liability
System Outages. Hoczita periodically schedules system downtime for the Services for maintenance and other purposes. Additionally, unplanned system outages may occur. You agree that Hoczita has no responsibility and is not liable for: (a) the unavailability of the Services including those available on Third Party Platforms; (b) any loss of materials, data, transactions or any other information or materials caused by such system outages; (c) the resultant delay, mis-delivery, or non-delivery of data, transactions or any other information or materials caused by such system outages; or (d) any outages caused by any third parties, including without limitation, any companies or servers hosting the Services, any Internet service providers, any Third Party Platforms, or any Internet facilities and networks.
You hereby indemnify, defend and hold harmless Hoczita, and its affiliates, officers, directors, agents, partners, employees, licensors, representatives and third party providers from and against all reasonably foreseeable losses, expenses, damages, costs, claims and demands, including reasonable attorneys' fees and related costs and expenses, due to or arising out of Your breach of any representation or warranty hereunder. Hoczita reserve the right, at Our own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by You, and in such case, You agree to fully cooperate as reasonably required with such defense and in asserting any available defenses.
Hoczita reserves the right to terminate, suspend, modify, or delete, at Our sole discretion, any (a) Submitted Content, Company Content, Courses, or any Service; and (b) Your access to Our Services or Your Account, as follows:
1. If You breach or violate any of these Terms or any of Our applicable policies, as posted on Our Services from time to time, Hoczita may take action immediately without prior notice to You. If Hoczita take action pursuant to this section, Hoczita shall not have any liability to You for any Course(s) You may have purchased nor for any other use of Our Services associated with Your Account. For avoidance of any doubt, You understand and agree that You will not be compensated nor be eligible for any refund under any circumstances for any such access lost to Our Services, including without limitation to Course(s) You may have purchased.
2. Hoczita may also take action for any reason or no reason, in which case Hoczita will provide prior notice to You. If Hoczita take action pursuant to this section, (a) if You are a Student Hoczita will refund You for any access lost to Course(s) that You may have purchased during the three (3) months period prior to such termination, all in accordance with and subject to the terms of Our refund policy set forth herein; and (b) If You are an Instructor, any such termination will also terminate Your right to offer Your Course(s) through Our Services, and Hoczita will pay all outstanding amounts owing to You up to termination date. Please note that Students who purchased your Course will retain access to the Course so long as Hoczita deems necessary.
Entire Agreement. These Terms and any policies applicable to You posted on Our Services constitute the entire agreement BETWEEN the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter.
Notice. Any notice or other communication to be given hereunder will be in writing and given by facsimile, postpaid registered or certified mail return receipt requested, or electronic mail.
No Agency. Nothing in these Terms shall be construed as making either party the partner, joint venture, agent, legal representative, employer, contractor or employee of the other. Neither Hoczita nor any other party to these Terms shall have, or hold itself out to any third party as having, any authority to make any statements, representations or commitments of any kind, or to take any action that shall be binding on the other except as provided for herein or authorized in writing by the party to be bound.
Governing Laws. These Terms and Your use of the Services shall be governed by the substantive laws of Vietnam without reference to its choice or conflicts of law principles that would require the application of the laws of another jurisdiction, and shall be considered to have been made and accepted in Vietnam.
Contacting UsIf you have any questions or concerns about our Services or these Terms, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoczita’s mission is to empower learners and teachers all over the world to create positive social and economic impacts.
English © 2016 Hoczita